Today’s Monday Mealtime is an all time favorite of mine. It is my go to dessert to bring to someone’s house and I always get rave reviews! The credit for this recipe goes to my friend Kim O. She sent me the recipe years ago and I have been making them ever since.
- Quaker Oats Oatmeal
- Smucker’s Raspberry Preserves 18 oz
- Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray the bottom and sides of a 13X9 pan with a non stick cooking spray (or butter whatever you prefer)
- In a mixing bowl combine
- 1 2/3 cups of flour
- 2 cups of oatmeal
- 2/3 cup of butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Mix the ingredients together with a hand mixer or stand up mixer (my Kitchen Aid might be one of my favorite kitchen appliances!)
- Then take half the mixture and press into the bottom of the pan
- Spread the entire jar of preserves over the bottom crust
- Then sprinkle the rest of the oatmeal mixture over the preserves
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly
- These can be really sticky when you cut them up. The best way I have found is to stick the pan in the fridge for 10 or 15 minutes. When they are chilled they cut into squared pretty easily.
- They last a long time and are great for trips.