Bunny Cupcakes in a Cone were a such a huge hit yesterday I had to share. The idea for the cupcakes was in the April 2014 edition of Family Circle but I changed it up a little.
- 24 Ice Cream Cones wafer style
- Cake Mix (Funfetti is always my fave!)
- Oil, eggs, & water for the cake mix preparation.
- 3 batches of ButterCream Icing (pre-made in a can works just as well- 3 cans)
- icing colors pink & black
- Wrap the bottom of the cones in aluminium foil and place each in a muffin pan. The aluminium foil keeps the cones standing straight up.
- Make the cake mix as directed on the box.
- Spoon the prepared cake batter into the ice cream cones. Fill the cones 3/4 of the way with batter.
- Bake as directed on the cake box. Cupcakes are ready when you can press the center and it pop backs up.
- While the cupcakes are baking cut 24 large marshmallows in half. I then used a food scissor to trim the halves to make them look like bunny ears. This was the most annoying step since the marshmallows are so sticky!
- Take the cupcakes out and let them cool.
- Using a Wilton number 12 round tip pipe icing in a circular motion to make the bunny’s head.
- Put a litte icing on the bottom of the marshmallows and stick them into the sides of the bunny’s head.
- Using icing tinted pink and a Wilton number 3 tip fill in the center of
the marshmallow ears. Then using the same tip and icing make a round dot for the bunny’s nose.