I started asking around for great recipes and my friend Diana began raving about Lasagna Cups. After a little research I was surprised to find there are many variations of Lasagna Cups. I went through the different recipes and put together a variation of my own.
Thanks Diana for the inspiration!!
- Wonton wrappers (I was shocked to learn this is not an exotic ingredient and can be found at most supermarkets. They were out of Wonton wrapper so I substituted with Egg Roll wrappers)
- Ricotta Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Ground Beef
- Pasta Sauce (my fav is Ragu Old World Style!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray cupcake pan with nonstick cooking spray
- Place whole Wonton (Egg Roll) Wrapper in each cupcake cup.
- Mix together two cups of Ricotta with 1 cup of Mozzarella and a sprinkle of Parmesan.
- Cut out twelve squares from the Wonton (Egg Roll) Wrappers
- Brown ground beef in a skillet. Add oregano and parsley to season. (No exact measurements here I just seasoned to taste)
- After the meat is browned, spoon a bit of sauce on the bottom of each cup. Then add a spoonful of cheese mixture and a spoonful of meat.
- Place a wonton square on top of the meat. Then repeat with the sauce, cheese, and meat.
- Spoon out a bit of sauce on the top of each cup and sprinkle mozzarella over each. -So they look pretty 🙂
- Bake for 15 minutes