Today’s Monday Meal is Chicken Fajitas. This is my go to favorite meal of all time!
- Ortega Salsa (mild, medium or hot- totally up to you!)
- 2 lbs chicken (thin sliced)
- 3 peppers (green, red, and yellow- I like colors give your dish some pizzazz)
- 1 onion
- Sour cream
- Cheese (I am a fan of the already shredded Mexican Blends)
- Fajita shells
- Chop up the peppers and onions. Cut into slivers.
- Sauté the peppers and onions in olive oil on low. Peppers and onions are done when they are soft and the onions appear translucent- about 20 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into strips and cook in a frying pan over medium high heat with a little Olive Oil. Cook until the chicken turns white, about five minutes.
- Put the entire jar of Ortega Salsa in the frying pan and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Wrap the fajita shells in a paper towel and put in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- Roll the chicken, peppers, onions, cheese, and sour cream up in the fajita shell.
This dish feeds my family of five with some leftovers to spare.
that looks yummy! I think John and I should try this recipe
Pingback: Organizing A Healthy Lunch Routine | Lil' Suburban Homestead
Pingback: Day 263..#Fajitas « Confessions of an Apple Junkie
Pingback: Monday « truethatblog
Pingback: Organizing A Healthy Lunch Routine - Lil' Suburban Homestead