Rice Krispie Easter Eggs
I absolutely love Rice Krispies! I saw this on a Rice Krispies commercial and just had to try them for Easter. The kids and I made them and they were super easy.
- Rice Krispies 6 cups
- Marshmallows 5 1/2 cups (about a bag and half of the mini marshmallows)
- Butter 3 tablespoons
- Butter Cream Icing (or any icing of your choosing)
- Measure out 6 cups of Rice Krispies and set aside in a bowl.
- Spray the inside of 12 large or 24 small plastic eggs with non stick cooking spray.
- Melt the butter over medium heat. You can also use the microwave but I like to use the stove top for melting. Be careful not to burn the butter.
- Once the butter is melted add the marshmallows. Slowly stir in the marshmallows. Keep stirring until the mixture is easily poured.
- Pour 1/3 of the mixture over the Rice Krispies and mix with a rubber spatula. Then repeat with the remaining parts of the mixture. Keep mixing until all of the Rice Krispies are evenly coated.
- Using your hands fill the plastic eggs with the Rice Kripsies. Close them up and put them aside. This is the hardest part of working with Rice Krispies because they are so sticky! I like to wear rubber gloves and coat them with a little butter to make it easy to manipulate the sticky Krispies.
- Let them sit for ten minutes and take the Krispies out of the eggs and place on wax paper.
- Then using colored icing use a decorator bag to create fun designs on your eggs. I used homemade butter cream icing with a Wilton number 5 tip to create lines, zig zags & swirls. If you are not into making homemade there are several ready-made icings and even pre-colored icing in tubes with tips that can be used as well.